Sunday 9 November 2008

The first quilt




This quilt was the start I think, not the first to be completed, but I saw this at The Bramble Patch in Weedon and wanted to do it.

This quilt was the next I think. I bought a bunch of 2.5 inch strips from a show from an irish company something seed or something shed I cant remember but I cut them all in half widthways and made this. I thought at the time it was log cabin but have been told it isn't quite right, but hey you live and learn and I like it. This photo does not do it justice the colour is much better than the photo suggests.



A rotten cold woke me up, I didn't really want to get up at 5.30 to blow my nose but once up can't go back to sleep so I have done the ironing, yey! but didn't think doing the hoovering would go down too well with Mr Chaos even though it is swarf that he has trodden in from the workshop that I am looking at. I have been able to blog guilt free. Just time for one more cup of tea before the circus that is getting my family up and out in the morning starts.

Happy quilting Liz




1 comment:

Lynda said...

Love both quilts, and they are fantastic for your first ones! At the risk of sounding like the Quilt Police, the log cabiny one is actually courthouse steps, which is a log cabin variation. The logs on a log cabin go round the block, and in courthouse steps they go on opposite sides. Both great blocks!