Well I had mine made by Wednesday before breakfast.
We were treated to a day of demonstrations, mini projects and tools and I particularly enjoyed the fabric painting in the afternoon. Drinks on arrival with home made cake lunch was light and
the welcome was warm unfortunately the venue was not and I would go there again but wear more layers. There was of course the shopping, I bought a ruler that had been demonstrated and a bundle of batics for a dalia quilt it has been on my to do list for a while and a charm pack for a project which may or may not come about. I could also have bought a roll of novelty fabrics which would have been great for I spy or linus quilts never mind, next time.
I of course used the fabric for the lining on the outside because there is no yellow in the tulip print, I am not a fan of the yellow provided but needed a bit for another project. I put an extra bit of green fabric round the opening because I thought the green was a bit bottom heavy but it has made the opening even more dense with fabric and more difficult to close.
It does make a pretty little gift bag and I may have to make more with japanese inspired fabrics.
This is what is on the machine at the moment. This was a christmas quilt I made ages ago, part quilted and then put away because I was so frustrated with it. I have just put it on to practice on. I am actually finding it quite difficult to think of different quilt patterns for each of the star blocks. I am not particularly happy with it but hopefully will be able to look back on it and see improvement.
In the other room I am really enjoying putting these blocks together. What I find really interesting is that the naked eye will not see blocks that are too similar together but when viewed as a photograph they jump out at you. Good job I can have some time to rearrange them.