Wednesday 6 January 2010

Christmas has passed, back to normal? not quite!



Before I put the christmas things away I thought I will share them with you. The long wall hanging was made after a workshop at Lutterworth piecemakers, the christmas tree of triangles I made last year, the little christmas tree of yo yo's was made for me by my friend Holly and the cushion was from my BQL secret santa swap.

I am planning to make a quilt for hero's this month, it is the challenge from BQL. I had a pattern in mind yesterday but the shirt I wanted to use for background did not yeald quite enough fabric so I have changed my plan to do a stacked coin quilt instead. All I will need to buy will be backing, sashing and batting as the gentlemen from the model engineering club I belong to have been generous with old shirts.

I thought I would invite any of my friends to come and do a bit of sewing with me and this design is ideal as it will not show any differences in seam allowance.

The snow has bought some disruption to my plans for this week as school has sent the children home at lunch time today so who knows when they will be back, and after minor surgery to his sholder Mr Chaos will also be at home this week.
Say safe till next time, Liz

1 comment:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Sounds like you have a full house! I would have gotten a lot more done if it wasn't for the 20mph school run at lunch time!! Hopefully we will see some form of normality by the end of the week!! :o)